Important Dates this Semester
Please take note of the following dates and deadlines, particularly if you’re planning to graduate at the end of this semester. This information and more is available in the Academic Calendar.
Note that general information such as the schedule of class meetings, the location of classes, and other such matters may be found under Fall 2017 on the BC Registrar website. You will also find the Graduate Bulletin containing degree requirements and college policies. Information specific to the MA program may be found here: http://depthome.brooklyn.cuny.edu/english/graduate/ma/
· Deadline to drop a course with no tuition liability: Thursday, August 24
· Deadline to add a course: Thursday, August 31
· Deadline to file for Fall 2017 graduation: Friday, September 15
· Deadline to apply for the English Comprehensive Exam (MA English Education students) and Foreign Language exam (MA English students contact Prof. Davis): Friday, September 29
· Deadline to submit Thesis Title Form via BC Portal (MA English and MFA Creative Writing students): Friday, September 29
· Deadline to withdraw from a course (W grade): Friday, November 10
· Thesis submission deadline (MA English and MFA Creative Writing students) via BC Portal: Friday, December 1
· English Comprehensive exam (MA English Education students): Saturday, December 2, Boylan 4141. Alternate date for Sabbath observers Thursday, November 30, location tba.
· Deadline to submit work to resolve Spring and Summer 2017 Incompletes: Monday Dec 4
- Foreign Language exam (MA English students): Wednesday, December 6, Boylan 2307
· The last week of graduate classes is December 14-20
The Brooklyn College Graduate Bulletin, containing college policies and procedures, is available here.