There are several types of scholarships available for studying abroad. Students should read the information below carefully and contact their home campus about how to apply, as most scholarships are campus-specific.
SASA Study Abroad Scholarship
Study Abroad Scholarship Assoication (SASA) is for Brooklyn College students, and it could award up to $1,000.
This scholarship is administerd by Student Life of Brooklyn College. You should contact the following by visiting them, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, for the application form and instructions:
302 Student Center
Many students of the recent programs received $1,000 from this scholarship fund. You should read the instructions carefully and note its deadlines and requirements.
You should read this link for more information about this and other sources of funding:
Chancellors Global Scholarship for Study Abroad
The new Chancellors Global Scholarship for study abroad is now available for application (deadline March 30th for summer programs) but students
must have applied to the desired study abroad program by March 15, if it is a Brooklyn College summer program. It should be the same on other CUNY campuses--be sure to contact the study abroad office of your home college.
Please read the following link for the scholarship brochure and application portal at this link.
- At Brooklyn College, students can also apply at the Undergraduate Dean’s Office, for research fellowship and other scholarships for study abroad (for undergraduates only). Inquire with that office and prepare well in advance.
- Brooklyn College students can also apply for FURMAN travel fellowships. Be sure to check this link of Brooklyn College website for information.
- If you are a student in CUNY Macaulay Honors College/Program, speak to that office about scholarship for study abroad. They may be able to cover students' study abroad expenses for the China trip according to the student's status: usually, the Macaulay's yearly limits are: up to $3,000 for sophomores; up to $6,000 for junoirs, and up to $7,500 for seniors, but this may change, so speak to the Office of Scholarships & Grants at Macaulay. Ciick this for more informaiton about the Opportunity Fund.
- SEEK programs may also provide financial support for studying abroad. Talk to the program director.
- Graduate students can speak to the office of graduate studies and research for funding possibilities
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Some students applied for Gilman International Scholarship and received $3,000-$4,500 in the past.
- Critical Language Scholarship; Chinese is one of the critical languages eligible. Click this link
- Boren Awards
- The Whitaker International Undergraduate Scholarships for Biomedical Engineering
- CUNY Study Abroad
- www.StudyAbroadFunding.org & www.StudyAbroad.com
- PIVOT Funding Search Click here for instructions on how to create an account.
- Read more about other opportunities of scholarships by clicking here